Thursday, April 19, 2012

A House, A House. My Kingdom for a House...

First, bonus points if you recognize my "almost" quote.  Second, yes, I did it.  I cursed our move.  Again.  And today I feel much better talking about it than I did yesterday.  Maybe if I hadn't already re-boxed up half of our stuff in preparation I would have felt a bit more generous about waiting another 2 weeks.  But I DID box stuff up, and I really DID think we were going to move.  But now, we will wait.  Again.  After so long, what's another 14 days?

Third thought of the day - and yes, this is random - ...  You know what, we need a brief background story first.  So, I think just about everyone I know owns tupperware containers.  Maybe you prefer Glad brand or Reynolds.  Whatever.  You have them in your kitchen.  And if you're like me, you use them all the time.  But before tupperware, there were butter containers and other totally reusable things that people used to store small quantities of stuff.  So how much do I love that here in BG (the land of re-using everything) that my ayah (without my even saying anything) naturally assumed that I would want to reuse all of the ricotta cheese containers that I go through.  I came home one day to find all of my boxtop points inside a container on my microwave and my scrubbie sponge in another container next to the sink.  After my next round of ricotta, I came home to find my kids eating their morning snacks in them.  I love it.  Have I mentioned that she also washes out and reuses my ziplock bags?  Thriftiness at a whole new level, people.

2 comments:

  1. Any shocker that your English teacher sister knows the quote is from Richard III?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, I actually wash and reuse the gallon sized freezer bags, but I'm also very cheap

    ReplyDelete