Monday, October 24, 2011

Plane tickets, shots, and other great things

Today, I finally feel like we're making some progress and closing things out.  So many of these "tasks" to get ready to go are long term items that it really takes a while to feel like you're moving forward.  So today, the finance guy called up the ticketing office and got us a quote on how much we would likely be reimbursed for plane tickets.  This quote was almost $2000 per person different than the quote transportation gave us last week, so I can't help but be really REALLY happy that Josh insisted on going to finance to check.  Even with the new quote though, we can afford pretty much any flight we're currently looking at.  Armed with that information we picked our first choice itinerary from the 4 options that SATO provided and we're hoping to hear back from them tomorrow on how we need to go about paying for them (probably the personal credit card since we've still had no progress in the government travel card office).

Josh and I headed over to the immunization clinic this morning and got our second (and final) dose of Japanese Encephalitis vaccine - so now the whole family is done with shots.  Josh also got his DA photo done today - another item off the list, and I stopped by the AAA office to pick up international drivers licenses for both of us.  Yay for progress!

On tomorrow's list is scheduling a final well-child checkup for K as well as dentist appointments for both kids so they're in tip-top shape before we leave the area.  Sadly, my last dental checkup was not quite 6 months ago, so I won't get another one before we leave the area (is it weird that I really like my dentist here??) but I'm hoping to schedule a cleaning while I'm on leave in VA before we fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment