Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

We were lucky enough this year to have my parents fly out to visit us for Thanksgiving this year.  The kids (and Josh and I) are taking advantage of having an extra set of hands around to help brush teeth, wash hair, and fix dinner.  Josh and I headed out to get dinner alone at International Cuisine in Pacific Grove - great Greek food!!  I even think I would have enjoyed it if we'd had kids with us.  But since we didn't, we also meandered through a large antique shop in downtown PG.  Happened upon a cabinet that looked quite a bit like the one we brought home from Korea - for a mere $3500.  I'm wondering if we need to get our furniture appraised before we put it in storage.  It's not like I feel we could replace the pieces we brought home with us; they're all special to me because each item is really a story.  But I can only imagine how I'd feel if any of them were damaged while they were in storage...  Maybe this is something I'll ask our insurance company about when we talk to them about our change in renter's insurance.

Tomorrow, we have an appointment with the legal office to update our wills and get all of the POAs that we'll need while we're gone.  More to follow on how that proceeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment