Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Rabies

K appeared to have a reaction to the rabies vaccine about a day afterward.  She had splotchy hives on her face.  After several phone calls to track down someone at the clinic, I found out that another young child (also under the age of 2) had the exact same reaction a couple days before K to the same lot of rabies vaccine.  Coincidence?  Maybe...

So now we'll need to be a bit more careful with our shots as she could be sensitive to that one.  Good thing she only needs 2 more rabies shots :)

And on a completely unrelated note, I stopped by REI this morning and think I have found the travel purse I'm going to try out for the next year.  It's made by a company called pacsafe and they specialize in "security" bags.  There's wire mesh built into the fabric of the purse to prevent someone from slashing the purse and stealing the contents.  There are other safety features too, but they've got a video to watch on their website if you're really interested.  The downside of this is that the reviews I've seen indicate that the purse doesn't wear terribly well and some of the wire can start poking out after 8 months of use or so.  For the average traveler, this might not be a problem, but for someone who plans to use this regularly, .... well, I don't know.  Maybe I just save this for when I "really" need it.  It has room to securely store 6 passports and sippy cups, and as a mom, I can't ask for more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment