Sunday, December 18, 2011

One week - ACK!

Well, utilities are taken care of.  Mail is forwarded.  House is slowly but surely getting sorted.  We're trying our best to use up all the stuff in the pantry.  With as many times as we've moved, you'd think we'd get good at this, but it's really, REALLY hard.  Don't get me wrong.  The moving part isn't tough, it's just finding a way to move while still living in your house :)

And on that note, I have to say something.  There's something really nice about making new friends every place you go - even when it means you have to say goodbye sooner or later.  Things like e-mail and Facebook make it much easier to keep tabs on your "worldwide family" as they go off and experience new things in new places.  And I'm not terribly sad about leaving - not really.  I'll miss letting the kids hang out with their friends - maybe even more than they will.  They seem to be very flexible (at least at this age).  I'm sure it will be a different story when B is in 7th grade and would really like to stick around and graduate with his friends, but instead we'll be of to... who knows where.  But for now, they're very adaptable.  And going to Dhaka is a bit like getting in the car and going to Target.  He's been talking about it for months now.  He packs his backpack several times a week filling it with underwear, clothes, toys, etc so he's "ready to go to Dhaka."  Oh, how I wish it were that easy.  But, I stray from my topic.  I want to take this opportunity to apologize in advance to all of the people I'm going to sob on for the next three weeks until we leave.  This list can (and likely will) include anyone and everyone who talks to me about the fact that I'm leaving.  I promise - I'm not really that sad - or scared - to move on.  I just have some genetic inability to say the word "Goodbye" without sobbing.  You can ask my family.  I've done this my whole life, so why stop now...  I'll miss all of you.  But sometimes I really wish I could just kind of take off without anyone knowing.  At least I'd save some money on tissues!


No comments:

Post a Comment