Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Two Weeks To Go

And the countdown continues.  Every time I look around the house, I'm mentally processing what needs to go in which box.  Not that this is particularly useful since we're still using everything in our house and things keep moving around.  But I hope that by the time the packers arrive, I'll have a handle on what's coming with (not a lot) and what's going into storage (lots).

We decided to revisit a great local-ish state park this past weekend with the kids - Big Basin just north of Santa Cruz.  There are some great old-growth redwoods up there, and while it was a bit chilly, it was still a great place to "get away".  Combined with a trip to MyMuseum on Saturday night for a birthday party, the kids had a great weekend.

I've started contacting utilities to have them turned off, and I'm starting to make arrangements to have the house cleaned after we leave.  It's always fun when you don't even have a vacuum cleaner to clean the carpets after the movers leave because... that's right... the movers packed it.  Oh well.

We're waiting right now for our passports to come back with our visas so we can send them off again (and get another visa).  And instead of doing anything productive at home right now, I'm watching White Christmas - which truly, truly never gets old.

No comments:

Post a Comment