Friday, August 12, 2011

And it came to pass...

As a kid growing up, my mom had a newspaper clipping on the secretary in the living room that went something like this: "And it came to pass... Aren't you glad the saying didn't go 'And it came to stay'?"

I always kind of felt this helped me have a positive outlook on life. No matter what you're doing, it's a temporary situation. And it seems especially applicable to the new life we've started. There will likely be things about it that are wonderful, and things that are not so wonderful. So I will need to embrace the goodness (temporary though it may be) and let the bad pass me by - hopefully equally quickly.

We have less than 5 months before the packers will be here to send us on our way into the great unknown - heretofore referred to as Bangladesh. The time of lists is upon me. The packing list, the "things not to pack" list, the to-do list, and the ever-growing shopping list. I might have to start keeping a list of all of my lists just to really stay on top of it all. But one-by-one, things will get checked off. And with the exception of a very few items (you know, like passports), we should be able to make do.

Speaking of lists, I'm sure there's something I'm supposed to be doing right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment